Monday, June 28, 2010

Ca va longtemps qu'on a pas vu!

Or, it's been a while! After a weekend gallivanting in New York, during which I discovered another young fille's clever documentation of her dating travails (voila), I am feeling inspired to finish what I started - namely, to fully describe my own adventures in dating.

In the interest of being honest, I must divulge that I am currently a not-so-single fille (details forthcoming); nonetheless, I have many untold tales from my definitively-single days. And so...

JDate #3: Barry. One of the first men I began corresponding with on JDate. He had a few things going for him right off the bat: a degree from Williams, his own house near the beach, and a picture of himself with puppies (seriously, how can you not love a guy with a dog?). He seemed much more mature than a lot of the men I'd heard from, perhaps due to his age (30) and his self-sufficiency; in addition to owning a house, he had a stable job and even more appealing - one that allowed him to travel! A mildly seasoned traveler myself, I knew at the very least this man and I could talk about our experiences around the globe. Or puppies. We agreed to meet, but ended up having to reschedule twice due to a deadline he had for work. When we finally met for dinner, I was not terribly attracted to him, but we had a good dinner, followed by a bottle of wine across the street, and I found myself actually enjoying this man's company. We had plenty to talk about, and although he certainly wasn't the type of guy I'd approach at a bar and try to make out with, I appreciated his calming demeanor and recognized him as a true gentleman. It was refreshing. At the end of the night, he walked me to my car and said goodnight with a kiss.

I was jetting off to Vegas for a work-related conference the next day, so I drove my car down the block to my girlfriend's apartment (we were leaving for the airport at approximately 5 a.m.), and I told her to remind me later how happy I was after this date - definitely the first time in a while I felt that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment