Friday, February 26, 2010

I don't think so, Mr. SingleRocketProNiceGuy

And now, some things that make me say "absolutely NOT"...

Opening message lines:

"I think you look like the new receptionist on The Office."

"ahh...ur very pretty!"

"I get chills every time I look at you."

User names:

- Anything about your status as a nice, single guy looking for a nice, single girl...you're on a dating site, I don't think you need to clarify those tidbits. Additionally, it's completely un
necessary to include "guy" in part of your username...if the site tells me you are a man, and you appear to have short hair and wear pants, I'm going to believe it.

- Names including the words "sexy," "cute," "pro," "rocket," or "magic"

- Anything negative, bizarre, or obscure: DrkGateKeper, HandyGeekyPhotog,
Cabanaboy, evilbus

Am I too picky? Maybe. But so far, the number of socially weird, overly forward, and/or desperate men on these sites seems to be exponentially greater than the number of genuinely nice, respectful gentlemen. Is it so much to ask for an educated, attractive man who knows how to treat a lady?

JDate update*:
- emails to date: 40
- profile views to date: 198
- flirts to date: 15
- E-cards: 1
*A note on JDate: I am ending my membership from this site so will no longer post updates (though I still have many stories). I have realized that (1) I don't care about meeting a Jewish man, and (2) I am generally not attracted to Jewish men.

Match update:
- new emails today: 2
- emails to date: 113
- profile views to date: 1,664
- winks to date: 143
- interests to date: 158
- favorited me to date: 20

No comments:

Post a Comment